Excommito theme, blog as you code
Draft In Progress
Ex commito theme is my latest attempt for a minimal theme to empower my blog.
Simple and clean layout
- most recent post is featured on homepage
- previous/next post navigation is moved out the post area to the sidebar
- an article layout with dropcaps. Code taken from libretto. Dropcaps can be disabled in the yaml header.
- text is justified
- centered images with optional captions
- unobtrusive social sharing text links in post header section
A coder theme with unique traits
- introduce a link metadata attribute to attach link to a post title. Github logo is appended to article title when the link points to a github project
- solarized dark theme for code excerpts
- Fingerprint link in side bar, points to last commit diff
- History link in post header, points to current post git history
Crowdsource the editing process
- drafts collection: drafts are published but clearly labeled as ‘drafts’. A warning sign in preamble of post content leads to a github issue page where one can vote for the posts drafts he want to see finished.
- it’s shipping reduced to its simple expression : drafts are indexed by google and suggested in the Kinda related links section when appropriate. But they do not appear on the Archives section or when using the previous/next post navigation.